E.I.D. – Parry (India) Limited (E.I.D. Parry) is a listed company engaged in the business of Sugar, Nutraceuticals and Bio Pesticides. Headquartered in ‘Dare House’ a heritage building, in Chennai, India, the Company is a part of the INR 300 Billion Murugappa Group, one of India’s leading business conglomerates.
Founded in 1788, ‘Parry’ has been a household name for over 225 years. The Company holds the distinction of setting up India’s first sugar plant at Nellikuppam in 1842 and even today continues to pioneer new paths in each of its businesses.
Amongst the leading sugar manufacturers in India, E.I.D. Parry’s 9 sugar plants are spread across South India. These state-of-the-art plants with a total sugarcane crushing capacity of 43,400 TCD, co-generation capacity of 160 MW and Distillery capacity of 234 KLPD across units are located at Nellikuppam, Pugalur, Pudukottai, Pettavathalai and Sivaganga in Tamil Nadu, Ariyur in Puducherry, Sankili in Andhra Pradesh and Bagalkot, Haliyal and Ramdurg in Karnataka.
The Company is among the world leaders in neem based bio-pesticides with the Neemazal brand, holding a distinctive presence both in India and overseas markets. The manufacturing facility of the Bio Products business, the only one of its kind for the extraction of pure azadirachtin in the world, is located at Thygavalli, Tamil Nadu.
E.I.D. Parry is a pioneer and world leader in organic spirulina and micro algal products in the Nutraceuticals space. ‘Parrys Spirulina’, with 3 major international certifications, is sold in more than 41 countries across the globe. The highly specialised manufacturing Plants of the Nutraceuticals business for micro algal production are located at Oonaiyur and Saveripuram in Tamil Nadu.
The Company also retains a significant presence in the farm inputs business through its subsidiary Coromandel International Limited.
Pioneer and Leader…
- Started in 1788, the many business ventures of the Company were the first of its kind in the country, demonstrating pioneering zeal and industry leadership.
- First Sugar Company in India to manufacture sugar in 1842 and amongst the earliest sugar manufacturers in the world.
- First sugar manufacturer to start a distillery in India in 1843.
- First sugar manufacturer in India to initiate farmer-centric model of business as early as 1845
- First and amongst the few sugar manufacturers in India with a dedicated R&D wing and cane breeding programme. The Company’s many innovative programmes in sugarcane cultivation methods have set industry benchmarks in yield and recovery.
- Parrys Pure is the only sugar brand to be conferred the ‘Super Brand’ status in India.
- E.I.D. Parry is the largest manufacturer of patented neem based pesticides in the world. Neemazal, a pioneering product of the Company, is an established and patented global brand in bio-pesticides. The manufacturing plant at Thyagavalli in South India is the first and the only one of its kind for the extraction of pure Azadirachtin in the world.
- Among the first to promote the Fertiliser Industry in India in 1953. Coromandel International Ltd., a listed subsidiary of Parry, is today one of the leading fertiliser companies in India.
- The Company’s fully automated standalone distillery in Sivaganga started in 2009 is the first of its kind in the country with zero emission, zero effluent and captive power generation capability.
- In the Nutraceuticals space, E.I.D. Parry is a world leader in micro algae technology comprising spirulina and natural beta carotenoids.