What is SweetCare?
Power of 7
With the power of 7 herbal extracts, SweetCare is a clinically tested Low GI Sugar (Glycemic Index < 55) that supports a healthier diet. Unlike regular sugar, SweetCare contributes to lower rise in blood sugar levels* with 30% lesser glucose load*. SweetCare is made using a sulphur-free process, is absolutely safe and has the natural taste of sugar. So take one worry off your mind with Parry’s SweetCare and watch your family enjoy your delicacies with no compromise on taste.
*As compared to regular white sugar
1. Why does your body need sugar?
Watch this bite-sized video as we bust the myth- sugar is bad for you! Sugar is surprisingly essential in maintaining optimal cellular activity and providing energy for bodily functions.
2. What is blood sugar?
Watch this video to bust through the jargon and find out how blood sugar comes from the food you eat. The glucose in your bloodstream is your body’s main source of energy and is a delicate balance that is constantly maintained.
3. Why does your blood sugar level matter?
Did you know that your blood sugar levels change throughout the day and are a delicately balanced system? Find out why this equilibrium is important to maintain and more in this bite-sized video
4. Why do your blood sugar levels change?
This bite-sized video will help you understand your body’s intricate glucose control management system as we easily explain why your blood sugar levels typically fluctuate throughout the day.
5. What is GI?
Navigate the complicated world of Low GI and better health with our knowledge hub. This video explains how the Glycemic Index (GI) is a relative ranking of food based on how quickly they raise your blood sugar levels.
6. Why Low GI food?
Think Low GI isn’t for you? Think again. Watch this quick video to understand how a low GI lifestyle benefits everybody, keeping you active for longer and easing the load on your internal glucose management system.
7. Who is Low GI food for?
Low GI and blood sugar maintenance are not only important for those with health issues, but impacts everybody! Watch this video to learn how your bad lifestyle habits can impair your body’s natural glucose management system.
8. High GI vs Low GI
Did you know that all food you eat is either Low GI or High GI? Watch this video to understand how eating foods on the Glycemic Index (GI) -a relative ranking of food based on how quickly they raise your blood sugar levels- impacts your health.
9. Benefits of using Parry’s SweetCare Low GI Sugar
Discover the Worry-Less lifestyle with the all new Parry’s SweetCare Low GI sugar. Watch this video to see how to ease the load on your glucose management system by switching to a sugar that is clinically proven to keep your blood sugar levels from spiking!
10. How to follow a low GI Diet
A low Gi diet is an easy lifestyle choice and a balanced diet that can have various long-lasting benefits. Throw away fad diets, fanciful internet trends and learn quick tips on switching to a healthier you.
650g or about 4.5 cups grated carrots, 950ml whole milk, 4 tbsps ghee , 180 to 190g Parry’s Sweet Care Sugar , 5 to 6 green cardamoms – powdered finely in a mortar-pestle, 12 cashews – chopped, 12 almonds – sliced or chopped, 2 tbsps golden raisins, 1 pinch saffron strands – optional
- In a kadai or thick bottomed pan combine milk and grated carrots.
- On a low to medium flame, bring the whole mixture to a boil and then simmer.
- While the mixture is simmering on a low flame, keep stirring.
- The milk will start to reduce and evaporate.
- When it has 75% reduced, add ghee, Parry’s Sweet Care Sugar and powdered cardamom to the mixture.
- Stir well and continue to simmer and cook on a low flame till all the milk is evaporated.
- Towards the end add the cashews, almonds, saffron and raisins.
Desiccated Coconut - 1 1/3 Cups (extra for coating), Milk - 3/4 Cup, Sweet Care sugar - 1/3 Cup, Ghee - 2 tsp, Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
- First take a large pan and saute the coconut until it is slightly warm to touch. This basically removes excess moisture from the coconut. But take care to not change the color of the coconut.
- Now add the milk and sugar and mix well. Stir at regular intervals and Continue to cook in medium low flame until the mixture becomes dry.
- Now add the ghee and give a quick mix. Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cook until the mixture turns slightly sticky starts to bind with itself.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down until it is cold enough to touch. Grease your palm with more ghee and roll out the coconut mixture into balls. Roll the coconut ladoos into some more desiccated coconut. Leave it to cool completely to room temperature.
500 grams beetroot or about 3 cups grated beets, 3 cups full fat whole milk, 6 tablespoon Sweet Care sugar, 3 tablespoon ghee, ⅓ teaspoon cardamom powder, 15 to 20 whole cashews, 1 tablespoon golden raisins - optional
- Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots. You can either use a handheld grater or a food processor to grate the beetroots.
- Take the grated beetroots in a thick bottomed kadai or pan. Add milk.
- Mix and cook the grated beetroot and milk mixture on a low to medium flame.
- The milk will boil and froth whilst cooking. Continue to cook and keep stirring often.
- When almost 75% to 80% of the milk has reduced, add ghee and sugar. Stir and continue to simmer the halwa till its almost done.
- Towards the end, add cardamom powder. Add the cashews. Stir and continue to cook till the milk has evaporated.
- Serve beetroot halwa hot or warm. You can also refrigerate the halwa for 3 to 4 days and then while serving, just warm the halwa
Wellness tips for healthy living!
With India’s increasingly modern lifestyle choices come an alarming increase in lifestyle diseases like cardiovascular issues, diabetes, hypertension, asthma and even various cancers. Infamously referred to as the diabetic capital of the world, it is time we take back the reigns to our health and make some changes! Peruse our blog below to discover the worry-less lifestyle.
5 hacks to turn your family into healthy eaters!
It’s time to improve your family’s health and eating habits with some tried and tested tricks.Read More>
Devices to regularize sleep pattern and have deep sleep
Tossing and turning through the night can ruin the peace and happiness of any family. Check out some nifty gadgets and gizmosRead More>
Foods that keep your blood pressure under control
Since blood pressure is the most preventable risk factor for heart disease, it is in every family’s interest to boost their diet to ensure blood pressure levels are evenly maintained.Read More>
Low Gi Foods & It’s Benefits